Managing work packages as sub-projects
- With the Best Practice Pack: Work Package, it is possible for the project manager to assign work packages to a sub project.
- The work packages will be sent to a sub-project manager, whereby the sub-project manager assigns resources to the different tasks or work packages.
- Variances between the sub-project and project plan are visualized within Project Professional 2010.
- Feedback of the actual resources, actual work and cost can be sent from the sub-project plan towards the project plan.
- Work Package is also able to track progress. Tracking of actuals using the timesheet functionality is done at sub-project plan level.
- The transfer of actual work and costs can be done towards the project plan level.